Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Sword

Purpose:
Determine a band's leader by analyzing a publicity photo.

Disclaimer:
A band's inclusion on this blog reflects neither an endorsement nor a criticism of its music. This post is merely intended as a spotlight on the inner political workings of a collection of individuals who are in the midst of a cooperative, creative endeavor.

The Process:
You, dear reader, please answer the question, "Who's in charge here?"

After sufficient discussion has taken place, a verdict can then be passed based on a majority vote.

Band: The Sword
Genre: Metal with a capital 'M'
Website:http://www.swordofdoom.com/

Voting ends on: Saturday, December 15th, 9:00am CST (GMT-6)


The Verdict (UPDATED!)

The Most Tattoos - 10 votes
(PJ, Beckeye, Tenacious S, Anandamide, DGuzman, Barbara, McGone, Randal G, Freida Bee, J.D.)

Abstentions - 1
(Cowboy The Cat)

I believe this was the most lopsided vote seen thus far at WICH.

Congrats, Mr. Tats! You're in charge!

15 comments:

PJ said...

It's gotta be the guy in the centre; unkempt dark hair, flame tattoo on his arm.

BeckEye said...

Guy up front. The guy with the most tattoos wins.

Tenacious S said...

Hey, is that Garth on the left? Wayne is gonna be pissed.

Tenacious S said...

I agree with the others. Scrawny dude up front who clearly has something to prove. Ooooooo, he's scary!

anandamide said...

OK, here's the full line up:
the two bearded short-hairs in the back are the drummer and bass player (that's a no-brainer). The long hair in between them is the singer and lead guitarist (therefore the leader).

the kid on the far right is the bass player's 11-year old kid brother. the bass player's mom threatened to kick him out of the house if he didn't let the kid tag along.....

dguzman said...

Gotta agree with mah peeps--it's heroin-skinny tats guy in front.

Blond guy on left looks like one of those creepy male/female features morphed into one face--he's wiggin' me.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Hey Beckeye is in my head! Definitely skinny guy with the most tattoos.

McGone said...

Mob rules. I too shall pick Skinny Tat.

The guy in the very back looks like he was there unloading amps from the truck and accidentally walked into the shot.

Splotchy said...

ten s, it looks like he may hurl.

anandamide, are we "right" from our perspective, or the band's perspective?

mcgone, you got me cackling.

Randal Graves said...

Tattoo You must be the answer.

Metal up your ass, metal haters!
Muahahaha, etc.

Diamond Dave Diggler said...

I remove myself from voting because I was intrigued by this band and went and listened to some of their stuff. Pretty Cool!

dguzman said...

Amp-carrying guy in the back looks a little like Rutger Hauer.

Freida Bee said...

Ok, this one requires double windowage, to write and look at the same time. I don't think it's the woman, though I am likin' her tattoo alright. It's in a power position. They had to wake the guy in the back to get in the picture, so i doubt it's him, plus his shirt gives him away as the drummer (I am so going to look this up and see if I'm right.) I like the guy on the right a little, but his shirt is not ornate enough for the leadership position. It says, "I'll wear any old thing." I know the type because my husband is a bass player, so I'm guessing he's the bass player (in agreement with anandamide) on those two, just clarifying which. So, the girl is the keyboardist who listened to The Cure one too many times and is in love with the lead singer, the guy ya'll all think. Tattoo, shirt, hair, yes, but you have overlooked the dead give-away. The sweatband.

J.D. said...

I'd hate to agree with Madame Bastardessa, but... she's right.

:(

Freida Bee said...

Update: These guys are from my town I found out! You can't imagine the thrill. And, I was wrong about a few things, but I'm not sure it was Who's in Charge.