Monday, December 1, 2008

Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem

Purpose:
Determine a band's leader by analyzing a publicity photo.

Disclaimer:
A band's inclusion on this blog reflects neither an endorsement nor a criticism of its music. This post is merely intended as a spotlight on the inner political workings of a collection of individuals who are in the midst of a cooperative, creative endeavor.

The Process:
You, dear reader, please answer the question, "Who's in charge here?"

After sufficient discussion has taken place, a verdict can then be passed based on a majority vote.

Band: Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem
Genre: Muppetish
Website: http://www.myspace.com/animalisinourband

Voting ends on: Monday, December 8th, 9:00am CST (GMT-5)


THE VERDICT (Updated!)

Voting has ended. Here is the tally.

Animal - 4 votes
Dr. Teeth - 3 votes
Janice - 2 votes
Zoot - 1 vote
Floyd - 1 vote



What a squeaker! Animal is in charge. God help us all.



SECOND UPDATE: RECOUNT! RECOUNT!

Jared X has found issue with my counting methodology (adding up things in a lackadaisical manner), and has demanded a recount.

Animal - 4 votes
Dr. Teeth - 6 votes
Janice - 2 votes
Zoot - 1 vote
Floyd - 1 vote


It appears that Jared was correct. Animal is not the leader here. Dr. Teeth is.




I'm sorry, Animal! The voters have spoken! No, wait! WAIT!
AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

16 comments:

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

AN-I-MAL!
AN-I-MAL!
AN-I-MAL!
AN-I-MAL!
(one of the very rare drummers-in-charge)

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

Playing purely by the rules of the game, I'm going with Teeth.

McGone said...

I would be ironic and say that it's the Electric Mayhem in charge just to damage Dr. Teeth's ego, but damn that puppet is magnetic! He demands attention.

Jared X said...

Dr. Teeth's name leads the way (and he is, of course, a doctor), but look at his face. As Kermit always said: "It's not easy being green."

Janice is the lead guitarist, occasional lead singer (when Miss
Piggy isn't involved), and has been linked romantically with at least Zoot and Floyd. She's also the lone female band member and her eyes are always closed, suggesting that she is the visionary in this outfit. Janice is in charge.

TheOtherJennifer said...

AN-I-MAL!
AN-I-MAL!
AN-I-MAL!
AN-I-MAL!

I second the motion.

ANIMAL is a stud among muppets.

Rhubarb Ranch said...

Not even a challenge: Dr. Teeth, as it has already been pointed out, is a.) prominently featured (back row, center), and b.) is a doctor, ergo c.) is in charge. And, although he is probably as good as John Bonham, Buddy Rich, and Neal Peart, Animal is clearly the drummer, and therefore, cannot be in charge.

Daltana said...

While he doesn't posess the qualities usually seeked in those that are called leaders (patience, loyalty, a three digit number of functioning brain cells), Animal is definitely the one in charge here.

As any percussioninst knows, the band can't play without the leading beat of the drums. And history has shown that when Aminal finds something better to do, like chasing a screaming woman, the band is done for the day.

dguzman said...

Dude, is this a trick or something? It's Janice, man!

p0nk said...

o_O

you rejected the one i gave you for this?

Splotchy said...

p0nk, my dad was in that band, so I thought it might disqualify it for consideration (he's the one with the doll).

Anonymous said...

I think it is the Turquoise Saxophonist - he looks sensible and therefore the best one to be in charge.

SamuraiFrog said...

Dr. Teeth is the frontman, but I'm going to go out and say that Floyd Pepper is the real musical genius behind the group. Did you ever see him sing "New York State of Mind"? Magic.

Herbal Amanda said...

AN-I-MAL!
AN-I-MAL!
AN-I-MAL!
AN-I-MAL!
No one argues with that guy...thing!

BeckEye said...

Why, Dr. Teeth is in charge, of course. Just like in real life, just because Animal talks the loudest, doesn't make him the boss.

Zoot gets all the chicks though.

Dani said...

While Animal is the most vocal I suspect he is under court orderd conservatorship and therefore not even in charge of himself.

Dr. Teeth is in charge

Family Brown. said...

Awwwwww, cool.
Dr John, erm sorry Teeth.

I saw him in concert at the Bridgewater Hall, it was great. I'm really glad we went. Dr John that is.