Monday, August 31, 2009

The Beach Boys

Purpose:
Determine a band's leader by analyzing a publicity photo.

Disclaimer:
A band's inclusion on this blog reflects neither an endorsement nor a criticism of its music. This post is merely intended as a spotlight on the inner political workings of a collection of individuals who are in the midst of a cooperative, creative endeavor.

The Process:
You, dear reader, please answer the question, "Who's in charge here?"

After sufficient discussion has taken place, a verdict can then be passed based on a majority vote.

Click on pic for larger image.
Band: The Beach Boys
Genre: Rock
Website: http://thebeachboys.com/home.aspx/

Voting ends on: Monday, September 7th, 9:00am CST (GMT-5)

Note: Please try to put aside what you may know about The Beach Boys, and try to assign leadership by the photo alone. Thanks!

One More Note: The image above wasn't my original choice for this band. Here was my first pick:



I happened to notice this image in multiple places. I found the image horizontally flipped from the one I have included here. To be safe, I thought I would use an image which didn't have multiple versions on the web.

My guess is that the image of the striped Boys above is actually flipped from the original. I think this is likely because if you go to The Beach Boys site I list above, you'll see this pic used, but it's a mirror image of the one I have included.


THE VERDICT (Updated!)

Voting has ended.


Top Center Middle Back: 3 votes
Upper Right: 2 votes
Upper Left: 2 votes
Hat Guy: 1 vote


Congrats to Top Center Middle Back! You're in charge!

Click on pic for larger image.

8 comments:

BeckEye said...

It's the one who looks the most like a tortured genius. (Not the one who looks like a hotter Charles Manson.)

Jared X said...

I'm sure top center is a jockey in his spare time, and I feel like I might have seen him at the Meadowlands atop a horse wearing the striped shirt of the lower photo.

I'll say he's in charge because his diminutive size and elfin appearance would make him most capable of sneaking into Chuck Berry's house undetected and stealing Chuck's music note for note. Also, he could've gotten away from the scene on horseback.

Roses said...

Middle back.
Because he's about to knock skulls of the two guys beside him.

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

it's the halfway-between-john-corbett-and-charles-manson guy in the upper right.

i cannot vote for the guy in the hat.

Shoshanah Marohn said...

Upper left corner, because he looks so very serious.

Daltana said...

The most intellegent person in the group is the leader. Top row middle's brain is so large it's pushed more of his hair out form the inside than the others. This makes him the leader.

Word verification = "propig" A porcine executive in a large company.

TheOtherJennifer said...

Utilizing the black and white photo, I will vote for the poor man's Barry Gibb on the right, strictly on good hair alone.

the misomaniac said...

URGH BEACH BOYS.

i will resist the urge to abstain and vote for the guy in the hat because he looks least pleased. as in, his expression is most similar to my expression when being subjected to the music of the beach boys.