Monday, September 28, 2009

Europe

Purpose:
Determine a band's leader by analyzing a publicity photo.

Disclaimer:
A band's inclusion on this blog reflects neither an endorsement nor a criticism of its music. This post is merely intended as a spotlight on the inner political workings of a collection of individuals who are in the midst of a cooperative, creative endeavor.

The Process:
You, dear reader, please answer the question, "Who's in charge here?"

After sufficient discussion has taken place, a verdict can then be passed based on a majority vote.

Click on pic for larger image
Band: Europe
Genre: Rock
Website: http://www.europetheband.com/

Voting ends on: Monday, October 5th, 9:00am CST (GMT-5)


THE VERDICT (Updated!)

Voting has ended.

The Most Like Neil Young - 1 vote
Wolverine - 2 votes
Paul Shaffer - 2 votes



Ahhh. A tie. I don't want to do this, but I have to. All ties must be decided by the current Vice President of the United States.

Mr. VP?



"Hi everyone! What's this, another tie?"

Yes, a tie.


"Wait a second. Five votes? You're taking me away from the running of the country to decide five votes?"

Yes, I am.


"Really?"

Yep.


"I'm not doing it."

Please?


"No."

Pretty please?


"Okay. Bald guy. I'm going back to bed now."


Click on pic for larger image

5 comments:

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

Ooh, second left with the wild eyes is in charge. I think I chose him because he looks the most like Neil Young.

Incidentally, I forgot to comment last week, but the guy who eventually won out of the Housemartins is none other than Fatboy Slim, of big beat dance music fame. /interesting facts

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

this is a trick question! the e.u. bureaucrats are in charge of europe now! :D

just kidding. i vote for lower right guy, holding up the name of the band with his ninja/wolverine claws.

Jared X said...

I think goateed Paul Shaffer, there on the left, is in charge because of his steadfast baldness in what is otherwise a hair band.

I like how in this photo they all appear to be preparing for some sort of countdown that would be more or less final. The fact that the photo appears to be fairly recent (implying that these guys are still attracting audiences somewhere), is a bit disconcerting.

Shoshanah Marohn said...

Are there really several different people in this picture? Or just two?

I think the sunglasses guy, far left, because he looks different. Perhaps he only recruits guys who look like the other guy(s), so they are interchangeable and he can get rid of them if he doesn't like them.

lou said...

I think it's the guy with the PE on his chest. This is my first time to vote!