Monday, August 6, 2007

Welcome!

Welcome, my friends, to a spinoff of my original blog, I, Splotchy.

Here is the basic foundation upon which this blog will be based:



Purpose:
Determine a band's leader by analyzing a publicity photo.

Disclaimer:
A band's inclusion on this blog reflects neither an endorsement nor a criticism of its music. This post is merely intended as a spotlight on the inner political workings of a collection of individuals who are in the midst of a cooperative, creative endeavor.

The Process:
You, dear reader, please answer the question, "Who's in charge here?"

After sufficient discussion has taken place, a verdict can then be passed based on a majority vote.



I feel that spinning this feature off of my original blog is necessary for some good reasons.

Ideally, I'd like the most current Who's In Charge Here (WICH) post to sit at the top of the blog, so people can review and vote for their choice. Unfortunately, often my WICH posts on I, Splotchy will get buried, as the blog is subjected to a wide variety of non-WICH posts by yours truly.

I don't want the posts to be buried, and I also don't want the pain-in-the-ass of adjusting the post date/time of the WICH post so it will sit on top.

So, with that out of the way, again, I welcome you. In the brief amount of time between this welcoming and my initial posting of a band photo, you may be interested in checking out the following:

Here's the last post of the WICH feature on I, Splotchy (as of this writing, still accepting votes!).

You can also review all old I, Splotchy WICH posts.

You may note that in the early stages of this feature, I simply decreed from on high who was in charge, not realizing the superior intellect of the collective mind that is the Internet.

Okay, enough blathering on my part. Look soon for a new band, a new pic, a new political knot that needs untying.

No comments: