Monday, October 22, 2007

Architecture In Helsinki

Purpose:
Determine a band's leader by analyzing a publicity photo.

Disclaimer:
A band's inclusion on this blog reflects neither an endorsement nor a criticism of its music. This post is merely intended as a spotlight on the inner political workings of a collection of individuals who are in the midst of a cooperative, creative endeavor.

The Process:
You, dear reader, please answer the question, "Who's in charge here?"

After sufficient discussion has taken place, a verdict can then be passed based on a majority vote.

(Click on the pic for a larger image)
Band: Architecture In Helsinki
Genre: Indie
Website:http://architectureinhelsinki.com/



The Verdict (UPDATED!)

Voting has ended! Here's the tally:

Hands-In-Pockets - 5 votes
(Beckeye, Tim, Manx, Cat, Freida Bee)

Plant Guy(/Girl?) - 2 votes
(J.D., Jess)

Centered Short pants - 1 vote
(Barbara)

The Chic - 1 vote (unsure of which one, I think there are least three females in the band)
(DGuzman)

Wow, there was so much gender confusion in this entry. Jess said the person holding the plant was a lady (though Jess is often a snarky sort of *fella, so I don't know if we can take him seriously).

DGuzman simply said "the chic", but with my admittedly poor gender recognition skills, I see at least three of the fairer sex in this band.

Thankfully, there was no confusion about the leader. Hands-In-Pockets is in charge!


(Click on the pic for a larger image)



* (Yes, I am fully aware Jess is not a dude. What, *I* can't be snarky too?)

10 comments:

BeckEye said...

I'll go with hands-in-pockets guy on the far left.

J.D. said...

I can't tell if it's foreground guy, plant guy, blurry guy, or the chick with a third nipple to the right of her belly button. Hm.

You know what, I'll vote for Plant guy. He seems eccentric.

Timothy Donavan Russell said...

Looks like the vocational school let out early.

I'm going with hands-in-pockets, too.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I want to say the hands in pocket guy on the left, as he is standing a little closer to the camera, but those Helsinkians are tricky,m you know. So I am going with short pants guy in the centre.

dguzman said...

oy vey, these people look like either (a)someone just kicked their puppy or (b)they're the children of the corn but the corn got eaten.

I vote for the chic. That is a chic, right?

Manx said...

So hard to choose......

Lets start right to left.

1.Tennis-ball guy loves his tennis ball.
2. Beard guy has on one of the worst outfits I've ever seen.
3. Kim Deal chic does her best Kim Deal
4. Staring-to-the-right guy wants Tennis ball guy's tennis ball.
5. Girl in back is doing the coitus symbol with her hands.
6. Guy with plant is actually blind and the others told him he was holding his cat.
7. Piercing-hypnotic-eyes girl is trying to force me to vote for her.
8. Hands-in-pockets.

Hmmmmmm. Oh, what the hell, hands-in-pockets for me too. I want a winner this time.

Jess Wundrun said...

That's Jade Plant, lesbian daughter of Robert Plant holding the jade plant as a cue.

She is, like her father afore her, the leader of the band. (BTW-she is offering a used stairway for sale on Craig's List)

Catherine said...

i hate to be a joiner, but stripey-Magee with hand in picket is the man. He's looking at like he wants us bad. That's a sure sign.

Freida Bee said...

I'm going with button down shirt guy front left too. He clearly just set up the camera and stepped back for a sec. He's about to snap at everyone about losing their patience with his retakes, but he's a good poser with a good fake smile and it shows.

Jess Wundrun said...

Man, I had to fondle my own breasts just to be sure I'm not a boy. You had me worried for a minute there.