Monday, October 1, 2007

Peach Candy (Recount)

Purpose:
Determine a band's leader by analyzing a publicity photo.

Disclaimer:
A band's inclusion on this blog reflects neither an endorsement nor a criticism of its music. This post is merely intended as a spotlight on the inner political workings of a collection of individuals who are in the midst of a cooperative, creative endeavor.

The Process:
You, dear reader, please answer the question, "Who's in charge here?"

After sufficient discussion has taken place, a verdict can then be passed based on a majority vote.


SPECIAL NOTE:
We recently ran into a previously unseen voting scenario, where the readers and voters of this blog were unable to determine the leader of the duo Peach Candy, based on the supplied photograph.

Even the sitting Vice President of these United States was unable to make a definitive ruling.

I checked my mailbox this morning to find a note from a certain "DonJuan Clark". Mr. Clark forwarded me another image of Peach Candy. My impression is that Mr. Clark wants this matter resolved, and wants to know for once and for all, "Who's In Charge Here?".

With this recount, I hope we may determine the answer.

(Click on the pic for a larger image)
Band: Peach Candy
Genre: Hip Hop / Crunk
Website:http://www.myspace.com/peachcandyga


The Verdict (UPDATED!)

Voting has ended! Here's the tally:

The lovely lady sitting: 3 votes
(Dguzman, Tim, Barbara)

The lovely lady standing: 2 votes
(Cat, Beckeye)

No one/Everyone is in charge: 1 vote
(Manx)

This race was again insanely close. Despite the fact that the lovely seated lady received the most votes, I'd say that the power dynamic in Peach Candy is most likely pretty damned even.

And I like Manx's point about them being interdependent - a beautiful sentiment in an increasingly cynical world.

I must apologize for a previous comment I made about the seated lady. I had said she didn't "got back" in the initial Peach Candy post. However, from viewing this picture, then viewing it again, and then subsequently viewing it sporadically some more over the last week, I was clearly mistaken. These two ladies are both bootylicious, and it was an honor to have them on this l'il piece of web.

With all that said, congratulations to the seated lady. You're in charge!

(Click on the pic for a larger image)

12 comments:

dguzman said...

Ay carramba. This photo's almost as ambiguous as the last. It could go either way on all counts!
Does a leader:
1. Stand up to emphasize her dominance, or sit to show she has control and doesn't have to stand up for anyone?
2. Have a tattoo to show she's tops, or not have a tattoo because that's only for losers who need a distinguishing mark?
3. Show off the Texas-flat tummy, or keep it covered up to maintain the mystery?
Wow. Okay--I will make a decision (and contradict my last vote) and go with the sitting-down chic. Her facial expression is much more arrogant than stand-up chic.

Catherine said...

I'm sticking with my original vote. Black bikini/white jacket chick on the right is in charge. She's totally in the secondary position here, but there's something in her eyes. She calls the shots.

Manx said...

It is apparent that Splotch threw us a curve ball. A trick question, if you will.

Peach and Candy's relationship is as simple as the Sun and the Moon. The Earth needs both in order to survive.

One cannot work without the other. It is an equal relationship. These women share everything, and I mean everything. Therefore, they take equal turns controlling the sky.

Who's in charge depends on what time of day it is.

Splotchy said...

You are wise beyond your years, Manx.

Don't get too cocky, as you are only wiser by a couple years, tops.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm going to have to go with the sitter. She's still got more clothes on and that must count for something.

BeckEye said...

I stick by my original vote. The one standing.

Timothy Donavan Russell said...

I'm going with the sitter. She has that "I'm so cute I call the shots" sense about her. They may struggle, but something tells me she usually gets her way.

dguzman said...

So who is it!!??

dguzman said...

Standing-up chick is crying right now.

Splotchy said...

No!!! You can't prompt me to render a verdict and then tell me the loser is crying!

I never want to make anyone or anything so bootylicious sad!

Jess Wundrun said...

I'm happy that they aren't still wearing rippy clothing. They must be selling records now that they've upgraded to wearing jackets over their underwear.

Someday soon they may find themselves in actual pants and shirts with buttons.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

That was some close race. Peachy Candy ladies had us stumped.