Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Spoon

Purpose:
Determine a band's leader by analyzing a publicity photo.

Disclaimer:
A band's inclusion on this blog reflects neither an endorsement nor a criticism of its music. This post is merely intended as a spotlight on the inner political workings of a collection of individuals who are in the midst of a cooperative, creative endeavor.

The Process:
You, dear reader, please answer the question, "Who's in charge here?"

After sufficient discussion has taken place, a verdict can then be passed based on a majority vote.

Band: Spoon
Genre: Rock
Website: http://www.spoontheband.com/

Voting ends on: Monday, June 7th, 9:00am CST (GMT-5)


THE VERDICT (Updated!)

Voting has ended.

Here is the tally:

Hidden Face: 2 votes
Bushy eyebrows: 1 vote
Behind The Camera: 1 vote


Hidden Face, you are adorable and in charge!

4 comments:

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

though his face is hidden, the white jacket & stare tells us he's in charge.

Roses said...

I'm going with wide-eyed bushy eyebrows. He's the only one making full eye contact... and I cannot look away.

Jared X said...

First of all, SPOON ... IS ... AWESOME. Now that I've gotten that out of the way ...

Looking back on all my votes, I think there's only one rule I've followed 100% of the time. If there's a partially concealed band member, he or she is in charge.

Partial concealment says, "I'm here but I don't care about being seen." It says, "I'm pulling the strings behind the better-seen members." It says, "I don't need your stupid camera, I have a musical PROCESS to manage." Partial concealment says, "I am in charge, bitches, now smile for the photographer I hired."

The concealed Spoon is in charge. And Spoon is awesome.

Tom Braun said...

Well this IS a tricky one!

Let's take it step by step:
1) The one band member who is dressed in a different color is the traditional choice for the lead singer except that
2) He is being occluded by a band mate who in the foreground who clearly must therefore be in charge except for
3) He has his eyes closed.

Since neither of the giddy young gay men wrestling with each other on the right is eligible, we have to conclude that the photographer that convinced the band that this shoddy snapshot was a legit promo pic is in charge.